Cat-friendly treats at a glance
- Boiled, grilled or roast chicken and turkey
- Cheese (cottage or cheddar)
- Fruit and vegetables
- Prawns and shrimp
Why give treats at all?
Treats for most cats are not necessary, and with obesity at endemic rates, the addition of treats can add additional calories that a cat doesn’t need. So, why feed treats?
- Sometimes a cat is not well, and a treat can encourage him or her to eat something
- Treats can be used as a reward when training a cat
- To hide pills or medication in (this generally works better for dogs but can be attempted for cats)
- To celebrate the cat’s birthday or another special event